Community Outreach Committee
What We Do
The Community Outreach Committee was formed in June 2013 to serve as the hub of City employee's community outreach and associated fundraising activities. The committee's purpose is to help determine the community needs that will best be assisted by City employees as a group and to organize activities that will generate funds and interest needed to assist these programs.
Our Success Stories
In 2015, City employees raised or donated over $80,000 for local non-profits in the Grand Junction area. These funds were collected through activities such as golf and trap shoot tournaments, raffles, and directed donations. Since its inception, the Committee has raised over $167,000.
Who We Assisted in 2015
- Colorado C.O.P.S. - $2,550 - This program provides support and service to families of Colorado law enforcement personnel who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
- Western Slope Center for Children - $7,464 - This local non-profit serves over 400 children and their families in our community who are victims of child abuse.
- Community Food Bank of Grand Junction - Over 600 pounds of food plus cash donations - This non-profit assists individuals and families in need of food and other essentials donations.
- United Way of Mesa County - $64,367 - This local non-profit organization raises money from the community concerns related to increasing education, self-reliance, building strong families, and promoting health.
- Reach Out To Kids - $5,425 - This program allows kids to participate in life skills classes or activities that they would otherwise not have been able to afford. 154 local kids were sponsored in 2015.
- Delaney Donates - $500 - This program provides support to local families who have been impacted by one of the many forms of cancers among children and adults.
Fundraisers in 2016
We have two signature events coming up in 2016 and we need your help. The Trap Shoot Tournament - April 16 will benefit C.A.S.A. (Court Appointed Special Advocates) and the Golf Tournament - October 8 will benefit the Western Slope Center for Children. You can give in a variety of ways:
- Donate a fun prize
- Donate funds to support the programs
- Participate in an event
- Sponsor all or part of an event
- Volunteer at one of our events
250 N 5th Street
Grand Junction, CO 81501