How can I get a VIN inspection?

VIN inspections are completed by appointment only on Wednesdays by calling the Records Department at 970-549-5000. We charge $5 for VINS completed at the PD or $10 if we go to your location.

Before we schedule your VIN inspection you must meet the following criteria:

  • be a resident of the City of Grand Junction. (Check city limits here.)
  • have legal documentation like a vehicle title or registration.

Car Dealerships may also complete VIN inspections for a fee. Contact the individual dealership for days/times and fees. 

A certified VIN inspection is required when there is no title or registration on the vehicle.  Certified VIN inspections are provided by the Colorado State Patrol and they can be reached at 970-858-2250. 

Show All Answers

1. Where can I dispose of unused and/or unwanted prescription medications?
2. Where can I dispose of firearms/or ammunition?
3. Where can I be fingerprinted?
4. How do I obtain a protection/restraining order?
5. Who can I report possible phone, mail or e-mail scams to?
6. What can I do about an abandoned vehicle?
7. How can I get a VIN inspection?
8. How do I get a copy of the video from a traffic camera?
9. When is the next police auction?
10. How do I get information about someone in jail?