Since the early 1900s, the City of Grand Junction has conducted an annual clean-up program to help residents get rid of yard waste and unusable household items. It is among the most popular residential programs. This two-week program takes place each year in the spring. New this year is a pilot green waste program that will collect leaves, grass clippings, hay or straw, and tree limbs (less than six feet long and 24 inches in diameter). The areas selected for the pilot project are the Northridge subdivision northeast of 1st and Patterson and the residential areas south of Patterson between 1st and 7th Street and north of Kennedy. The green waste program will be picked up the week before Spring Cleanup, from March 27 - 31.
For the most recent updates about this year's program, call 970-256-4111.
2023 Program Details
- For residents north of North Avenue, pick-up starts April 3 at 6:30 a.m.
- For residents south of North Avenue (includes areas of Orchard Mesa and the Redlands), pick-up starts April 10 at 6:30 a.m.
- Please do not put items out before March 27
- For a list of Prohibited items
- View a map of pick-up areas here or download the printable map (PDF)
- Areas shaded in yellow will begin April 3
- Areas shaded in green will begin April 10
- View a map of the Green Waste Pilot Program area
- Items must be in one pile placed up against the gutter in the front of the residence for pick up. Do not place items on private property, lawns, sidewalks, or driveways
- Keep items (pile) at least three feet from buildings, fences, mailboxes, and cars
- Keep piles away from items not intended for pick up. e.g. trash/recycle bins, lawn ornaments, bicycles
- Consider donating or recycling unwanted items.
- Items or a pile the size of a large dump truck (10 cubic yds.) or greater will be subject to a $150 charge
Resources for donating or recycling items:
Please send us an email with your questions or comments.