City Social Media Account Usage Guidelines
The City of Grand Junction engages customers through many digital outlets. Communicating with the City through social media further enables customers to contact the City of Grand Junction in a direct and meaningful way.
The goal of the City of Grand Junction social media pages is to be a helpful medium that is conducive to real-time discussions and useful feedback. Some of the City’s social media pages allow public interaction in the form of comments.
Please be aware that when engaging with the City of Grand Junction through social media, you are agreeing to the following guidelines.
The City of Grand Junction shares information, images, and video with the public through social media accounts. Comments made by the public to these accounts are reviewed and a comment or post may be hidden if it fits any of the violations below (subject to amendment or modification at any time):
- Obscene, indecent or profane language, pictures and/or videos
- Threats, personal attacks or defamatory statements
- Hate speech directed at race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, religion or disability
- Fraudulent, deceptive or misleading information
- Multiple successive off-topic posts by a single user or repetitive posts copied and pasted by multiple users, or spam
- Promotion or endorsement of services and products
- Comments advocating or encouraging illegal activity or acts
- Posting of material that violates copyrights or trademarks of others
- Violation of any local, state or federal laws and/or is otherwise unlawful
- Campaign materials promoting or opposing an individual in an election for political office