Root For Your Ash
We are here to help! Ash trees make up 20% of Grand Junction trees, and pests are killing these trees at an alarming rate. We are teaming up with T4 Tree Service to deliver Grand Junction residents the opportunity to protect their private Ash trees against these killer pests.
Best of all, we will pay 50% of the cost to treat and protect your private Ash Tree!
- There is a $225 minimum fee for treatment (split 50/50 between the resident and the City). The City will pay up to $500 per address for treatments directly to T4 Tree Service. The resident will also pay their half directly to T4 Tree Service.
Questions? Contact T4 Tree Service at 970-640-5284.
Use this registration form to get on T4's 2023 list!
Trunk injection treatments are only effective when the trees are actively pulling nutrients through the trunk system (or in other words, when the trees are fully leafed out). Treatments can be performed every two to three years. Trees are also evaluated for general health. Trees that are already showing signs of stress may not qualify.
- If your tree was treated last year, the injection offers protection for another one to two years. Trees treated in 2022 are not eligible for treatment in 2023.
- on residentially zoned lots
- within the City limits of Grand Junction
- 8" in diameter (at a minimum)
- in fair condition or better with at least 70% living canopy
- growing in yards with clear evidence tree and landscape stewardship
What to expect:
After you have registered, T4 Tree Service will contact you to schedule an appointment.
- Tree evaluations and treatments will begin in early May or based on tree leaf out progress. This process will continue throughout the spring, summer, and fall months until the treatment window closes in October.
This webpage created by the Colorado State Forest Service can help you identify ash trees.
This fact sheet (pdf) has been provided by the Colorado State University Extension Office about insects and diseases affecting ash trees in the Grand Junction area.