2021 Youth Basketball
Registration NOW OPEN!
The City of Grand Junction's basketball program focuses on fundamentals, sportsmanship, and on-court basketball skills that our youth players will learn this season.
- Youth Basketball is offered every fall for girls 2nd-6th grade, and winter for boys 2nd-8th grade.
- A new 1st grade coed league has been created for both fall and winter leagues.
For more information or questions on our basketball programs, contact us at 970-254-3866.
Registering with Coaches Request
Did you love your coach from last year? Here's how to register on their team!
- Register by the registration deadline.
- Make a coaches request or a player/carpool request and tell us which one is more important (you may not get both!)
- 2nd through 8th grade teams are limited to 10 players. 1st grade Coed teams are limited to 6 players. Once a team reaches it's limit, they are considered full. Requests will be taken on a first come, first serve basis based on the time the registration was received.
- Late registrations are not guaranteed any requests. This includes coach requests, player/carpool requests, and event school location requests. So make sure you register early!
- Pick your grade, girls/boys or 1st grade coed.
- View the information below for a detailed list of dates, schedules, questions, and information.
- Get registered early to make sure coach/player/carpool requests are approved and to avoid late fees.
Coaching Youth Basketball
We can't do it without you!
- Plain and simple, it's an awesome experience to have with your basketball star!
- You are likely already attending the games and practices anyways.
- We need you! This program is only possible with volunteer coaches! Plus, we offer you age appropriate drills, guidance along the way, and head coaches will receive a $10 coupon for future registration once team equipment has been returned.
All Youth Basketball Coaches must watch and complete the required Coaches Training Video prior to the start of season.